The exciting events programme which accompanies the Forest of Fabrication exhibition has now been announced.
The programme explores developing technologies and off-site fabrication methods, discusses design requirements for building with timber, analyses the arguments for timber and celebrates the role of timber in contemporary architecture.
- Launch of the 2019 Wood Awards – Tuesday 12 March, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
The Wood Awards launches its open call for outstanding architecture and product design in wood.
- Build to Rent Breakfast Event – Thursday 21 March, 8.30am - 11.00am
Conversations around modular solutions for the future of urban housing.
- The Architecture of Maggie’s – Wednesday 27 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
Charles Jencks, co-founder of Maggie’s Centres, in conversation with architects Alex de Rijke and Benedetta Tagliabue.
- Re-Imagining Timber Symposium – Wednesday 3 April, 2.00pm - 7.00pm
An afternoon of insight, information and inspiration from renowned international designers and makers, celebrating timber in architecture.
- Ensuring Long - Term Performance of CLT Breakfast Event – Tuesday 30 April, 8.30am - 11.00am
A technical seminar on design requirements and maintenance of CLT buildings.
- Tall Storeys from Scandinavia – Thursday 2 May, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
Building high with CLT in Sweden and Norway.
- Business as Usual for CLT – Thursday 9 May, 2.00pm - 6.30pm
An event examining the impacts of new legislation for tall timber buildings.
- Public Tours
Join dRMM for a guided tour, highlighting exhibition themes and key projects. Tours taking place from 1.15pm – 1.45pm on Friday 15 February, Friday 1 March, Friday 22 March, Friday 5 April and Friday 3 May.
- Public Weekend Tour
A tour for all the family, led by the Building Centre events team on Saturday 30 March from 11.00am - 12.00pm.
All the events will be held at the Building Centre on Store Street, London WC1E 7BT. For more information, booking details and symposium tickets, please visit: www.buildingcentre.co.uk/events
We would like to thank our headline sponsors Timber Trade Federation, Wood Campus and Wood For Good. Supported by American Hardwood Export Council, B&K Structures, Eurban, James Latham, KLH UK, Martinsons, Södra, Stora Enso and Wiehag.